Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Monday, June 06, 2005

From the Erotic Romance Writer's Forum

A press release for the blog circle there. Written by Emily Veinglory.

ERWF Press Release: ‘Dark Erotica’ is not a phrase that immediately makes a lot of sense. After all erotica is ‘come hither’ and dark implies ‘run, run for your lives!’ However on some strange and visceral level there is a peculiar similarity between lust and fear, And there is no doubt that a blending of the two is easily found from the ‘holy dread’ described in the classic poem ‘Kubla Khan’ to Anita Blake’s love triangle with a werewolf and a vampire lord. Logical Lust, an e-publisher of diverse erotica, is the last to mine this rich seam. ‘Eternally Noir’ is a dark erotica anthology including sixteen stories including a startling variety of ideas and sexualities. The stories range from openly amusing to genuinely spooky and are, in my entirely biased opinion, well worth the $3.95: http://www.eternallyerotic.com/eternallynoir.html

No comments: