Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Sunday, August 04, 2013

who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Not me. Alpha wolf. Damn, I love me some of that. I love to write growly, yummy hotness.

I love to write shifters as just regular people who happen to be shifters, but every pack of wolves I write has an alpha, and they all have a story.

Kamen, for instance, in my Pack Mentality series at Changeling Press He's queer and not afraid to show it, but it gets him in no end of trouble. Luckily for him, he has enough friends and family to start his very own pack, which I adore. I love the alpha as outsider bit sometimes.

In Crazy in Love, from Torquere Press Dakota is the more alpha of the pair of packless wolves, and he's happy to call the shots. He's more passive aggressive than I expected him to be, but hot. Very hot.

I have this urge to explore what happens in a pack when the alpha has a twin brother. What do you think?

XXOO

Julia

1 comment:

Sean Michael said...

What do I think about whether or not you should explore what happens when the Alpha has a twin? I think it should be made illegal for you *not* to write it ;)