Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Monday, January 05, 2015

Goals for 2015 Q1

I was going to goals for the year, but I gotta tell y'all, that paralyzed me. So, for first quarter, I need to get the Changeling story in this week, the RSP story in by the end of the month, the DSP release party done, and get through final proofing on Samhain...

Wow. I sound like a published author, huh?

Then? I need to get the dogs to the vet, get the dental insurance figured out, get to the DSP meetup in March, get my 10k steps every day, drink water...

You know, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves.

Five hundred years ago, I think people just wanted to make it to the next season and get their crops in or out or whatever. Now we create that kind of stress for ourselves artificially. Thumbs are not what set us apart, y'all. It's being unable to just sit still and stare all day or graze or what have you.

Grins. I want to make art, too. I have dolls and spoons and witches and clay and gourds and...

That's the fun part, huh? Making shit.

As BA would say, "It's what we do."

XXOO

Julia

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

Sometimes when I think about my 'to do' list I feel like Goldie Hawn in "Overboard" and sitting in a chair going "ba ba ba ba" while my child throws grapes at my open mouth to amuse himself.

Bravo for getting your list done for the quarter. Here's hoping you accomplish all of it.

<3333