Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Torquere still isn't closed

why is that?

So, not long ago, Torquere announced to their authors list, at least, that they were closing.

All of the authors who have gone unpaid and unanswered cheered. Yay! They're doing the right thing and reverting rights.

Except they're not.

Two days ago, Kristi sent this to Torquere authors.

"We are having to change internet carriers and are without from last night until 12/27 when they can come hook it up. I can not check the TP email or use my Mac until then. I have access to my gmail and my phone during this time."

Now. I know Ms. Boulware-Talbot. She worked for me for 3 years before she took over TQ. She's had her TQ emails on her phone for all those 5 years. So even if this mysterious outage is real, why can't she answer emails.

I'm baffled, y'all. I understand wanting the weekend off, but be honest and say I'm not working from Friday to Monday. I know maybe 5 authors who actually got their reversion letters.

Why are the sales channels still up? Why is the site still up? Where is the public announcement?

More smoke and mirrors and more bullshit.

Julia

No comments: